I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Sunday 16 October 2011

Cashier Tales: Fearful Meetings

Working at a grocery store can give you some good stories and also some awkward run-ins. I like it that way. I was covering a break on the dreaded cash 12 when I looked up to see the store. I blinked - seriously - it was like a few seconds - and then a cashier came out from behind this teeny tiny pole. I was terrified! I jumped a foot and even scared some customers. It was impressive. I quickly jumped to the conclusion that this particular cashier, my sister's favourite, had avoided both dancing and singing because she was a stealth ninja. She agreed. Skillful employees reign at the 'No Free Homeless' store. Second confrontation: I was finished work and cleared security (no details - bhahaha - top secret place of work) and then went to the offices. The door opened just as I was about to knock. There was the owner - she jumped and shook like crazy. So funny. There had been a whole 'door opening' issue earlier that had since been fixed - they didn't know it and also didn't know that I was around. Hilarious.

No comments: