I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Saturday 22 October 2011

My Yesterday & Today

Yesterday.
Yesterday was a sick recovery day; therefore, yesterday was a cotton headed ninny muggins kind of day for me. It was fun - that's assured - but cloudy all the same. My work shift started and a fellow cashier immediately engaged me in a game of silly faces. I'm telling you - it was her idea - I reiterate that because others did not believe me. Anyways... I make many facial expressions a day - ranging from normal to silly to scary. I'm good at that game. The other cashier... not so much... but she played with such determination and spirit; the thing is - she can only do one expression... it's HILARIOUS!!! She's like Zoolander (p.s. that movie sucks, but the one expression thing fits). She's learning though... bhahaha! Also - was taking throat lozenges all day - which I may never do again because my teeth went numb - so weird -  try talking like that - crazy. Talked about how I was quiet in the start of my working at 'No Free Homeless' store - a fellow cashier says that all she remembers is my 'rub it in rub it in' melody... instead of 'plug it in plug it in'. We couldn't remember what I was singing about though. That drives me nuts. Maybe K'll have the answer when I work with her again. Oh, the shift before was like that too! Like 5 of us were trying to figure out the the theme song to 'Arthur' - we actually got all but 3 words, except it was in 5 parts... and no order. Redblackblur figured out the 'Stop the Smoggies' theme too - fun times.

Today
Got repeated parental tech support calls this morning from my newly iPhone 4s owning Dad. I was quite envious... especially because the extra Hipstamatic booths and the saweet 'Fred' camera cases I love are only for the newer models. Sad. Nieceamine got 2 grab bags from Ardene's today and 2 saweet iPhone cases which she gave to me though! They're pretty awesome - I just need to find my screen protector. Right before my shift started the kids were playing those 'Foom Foom' and 'Boogity Boogity Boogity Amen' songified videos. They were in my head forever!!! I now hate them... well... I now hate them more. Had a banned customer go through my cash... awkward. Had some funny customers as usual. One older lady had her basket 'stolen'... then later found it... funny... people have so many basket switch incidents... hilarious. Also - I said 'have a nice day' to a customer who replied 'you're welcome'... um... okay then. Left my phone for Nenners to play on; Didn't give her the code though... skill... at least she came into the store and I gave it to her. 64 days to Christmas!!!

No comments: