I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Cashier Tales: Of the Concrete Variety

So I was being a crazy person at work today. Once again they put me next to an awesome co-worker of a split superhero/villain nature (her choice not mine - anyone who refers to multiple coats as capes obviously has unique issues). Hilarity ensued. Later on I was bringing through a customer who's total was crazy high - I didn't notice it - they most definitely did. Couldn't figure out where I went wrong - I usually check the produce codes as I put them in. Then I was undone by a great and unexpected source. The bags... the PC points that we have to enter... I never check them because no code is close to it. 53398. It went in as 5398. It went in twice. It went in at 49.99!!! Each!!! As a concrete boot! Why do we have concrete boots in the system? A customer answered that question. It involved mob ties. Day over (say such things dramatically in a mob-ish manner... figure out what that is first... I can't help you with that).

No comments: