I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 15 September 2011

Cashier Tales: Random

My day was funny. Seriously funny. Work was hilarious. I love my job somedays... mostly I just love the people at my job. I love the odd collection of customers that come through my till and I love the equally odd co-workers that I spend my part times with (and yes... they believe I'm the odd one... I am... they just don't admit it about themselves)! There's not really one story to tell, I just had fun. I high-fived a person, who for the past 10 MONTHS has refused such a gesture, though the fact that she threw a piece of paper at me probably affected her choice. The supe known to me (and now to others) as the 'Red Black Blur' taught newbies how to high five correctly (and banished that lingering horrible 'Kingston High Five' ickiness) - they picked it up quick. Spent a good part of the day trying to remember the tune that goes with the 'Footloose' song - another supe mentioned she would dance to it if it came on... I couldn't make that one happen fully... but she mini danced and much more epicly did a penguinish dance that looked like it was straight out of 'Mary Poppins'. Got 'Honeycrisp Apples' in at No Frills - they're two of my sisters favourites! Was so excited when Nenners came in and I could tell her. The cashier she went through (read: paper thrower) mentioned that I use an 'outdoor voice' even when indoors... that's sometimes true... but always funny. Came home to hilarity... my sister was frozen in the hallway... frozen in excitement... then she just said 'I got the ugliest paintings in the world AND I LOVE THEM!!!' She does. I'll give no details, because she's starting up blogging again next week and pictures of them are a must, but they are sort of indescribable... I don't know if even a pic can justify it. She even set the right place for them to be hung up with me sitting rather awkwardly. That's all I'll say. That and she made delicious 'Beef and Barley Soup' tonight... AND... I didn't mention it before now but she made a 'Stromboli' a few nights ago that floored us. Impressive my sisters are.

No comments: