I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Friday 9 March 2012

Cashier Tales: The Gushers Conundrum

I bought some 'Gushers' the other day. I don't really know why nostalgia hit me and brought me to the aisle where they live, but I do know why I finally bought 'em. The marketing got to me. I was a sucker for the mystery flavour - I wanted to know it. There were a few others in the break room when I went up - they encouraged me in my purchase quite well. There was a problem though - no mystery flavour appeared in the first package. Frustrated was I. I didn't want regular Gushers. You can get those everyday - I don't even really like those - this was an opportunity for better Gushers. I went, along with company, on a Gushers mystery search. We got to the third package and thought the colouring was there - I tried it... blackberry aka disgustingness... and it was sour... double ew... only good flavours should be sour; Others tried it... ick. We read the package again - we'd suffered for naught - there was no mystery held in the 'triple berry shock' package. At this point, 'the voice' had come upstairs... brought back by our Gushers rant... you know when someone just feels bad for you... she honestly just hugged me - patted my head - and said she thought that maybe Gushers were marketing to a very different age group. Burn. Truth, but burn cushioned by a hug. Funny. She left. We continued out search. 6th and final package... 3 of the mystery flavours... one for each of us. It was the best flavour ever. It was also the biggest rip-off ever - 3 lone Gushers in 6 packages. I went home with pockets full of rejects. It is unlikely that I will ever buy them again.

No comments: