I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Color Coordination

So... you know how I said I don't really notice my surroundings? Here's another piece of the puzzle that proves that truth: I have to really, like really, try to remember to look at myself in a mirror and at the kinds of clothes I put on in the morning. I think it may have something to do with having gone to three different schools that had uniforms. They took all of the work out of getting ready in the morning. It probably still has something to do with the whole 'personality/not noticing' issue as well. Moving right along. I was getting ready for a government work and university combo day. Fun times. I was halfway out the door when my Mom came at me with a book I'd forgotten. She does notice things. Thankfully, she gave me a once-over (with skill because I didn't see her do it at all), and called my attention to my shoes. She didn't do that quietly. She did it with a disbelieving, rather astonished, and a little bit of scared in her voice. I was going through a bowler shoe phase - I had the best ones ever. For real. Two pairs. That's right, you've got it now. I wore one of each pair. One was red and one was brown. It was bad. The worst part, they weren't really that much the same.

If you see me mismatched, know that its not intentional - I'm not one of those cool 'I can wear two different things' kind of person - stop and fix me. For the sake of others.

No comments: