I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Wednesday 25 May 2011

The Reason I HATE Milk

Sure, supposedly it's nutritious and good for you, but I'm never going to like it. This is why. I was a mere bottle-drinking baby when Lee babysat for one of my closest baby friends. Em was younger than me see, and she'd already put aside the bottle. Lee, out of what I can only call competitiveness, decided that I needed to be weaned off of my own. Maybe if she'd have read a book or have, you know, been patient, things would have turned out differently. Her impatience propelled her into taking drastic actions. She prepared a bottle for me and with good intentions gave it to me. I drank it. Why wouldn't I have? I didn't have trust issues at that point. She'd filled it with 100% (100%!) PURE LEMON JUICE!!! Ouch. Kind of explains the whole 'I only drink water' thing, doesn't it? My Mom still talks about it - she didn't know what had happened until recently. She used to look at me and say 'I just don't get it. You loved milk, but as soon as we put it in a glass you hated it'. True Mom, true.

No comments: