I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Miswordings: Mom & Dad vs The World & Graceland (in particular)

Zhu Zhu pets. They can cause so many problems. My Mom just couldn't say their names right. Not even once. She had been trying to find them as a Christmas present for Lee Jr. for ages, so she constantly had to try. I love my Mom. She just couldn't say the same thing twice. Literally, she could usually say either the first 'zhu' or the last 'zhu', but then she'd put in a whole different word. Two of the common strings she'd put together were these bad slang words. It was horrible. Anyways, she finally buys them and we're nearing the end of the Zhu Zhu craze. She and I were cleaning up the kitchen and I was teasing her a bit (What? It was funny). My Dad, who's watching TV in the adjoining room, decides to call and book for a Graceland vacation. There's a one day sale and you just give them the code word and save big. Yep, you follow. He'd definitely heard the word around enough. He gave it as the code. I almost pied my pants. Honestly, my Dad (I love him) has absolutely no capacity for mistakes. He doesn't laugh when we tell him our funny stories, which are really funny, and even better in person. He just doesn't let himself make mistakes, you know? He went on like nothing had happened. My Mom (My Mom!) fell to the ground laughing with me! Oh, it was so funny. We couldn't stop. I think I was down for like 10 minutes. And, he hung up the phone and said absolutely nothing about it. No acknowledgement whatsoever. He missed out - it's a great funny story.

Them, months and months later, on vacation!


No comments: