I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 26 May 2011

Me vs The Shoe Tying Doorman

So. I was like 20/21. I was working for the Government in a building downtown. I walked in one rainy-ish day. I always stopped in the entrance to get some hand sanitizer (I bused it okay, stop judging). Anyways, my shoe was untied. Obviously. I'm seriously just bending over to tie it when an older, like old old, security guy runs at me, bends down, and says he's got it. I managed to stop him just as he grabbed the laces. It was weird. It wasn't even like I'd looked at the laces for long. I wasn't holding anything that would have stopped me from tying them up myself. I even checked myself in the mirror afterwards to make sure I didn't put on a crazy outfit or something. It was hilarious. I called Seb right away to ask her if that kind of stuff ever happens to her - she laughed - and laughed - and laughed - and said no. I would say that it's because I'm the youngest person who works in the building, and that the ratio of his years to mine would regulate parenting, but this kind of stuff happens to me all of the time. People randomly pat me on the head when they meet me. Strangers, who are shorter than me --> that's just awkward. Plus, people younger than me call me their little sister. I must just look continually lost or something. Either way, the candy I get offered and the number of people who have tried to fix my hair, do make me laugh. Plus, it's kind of hard to change my crazy spots now. No stripes for me.

No comments: