I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Friday 5 August 2011

Cashier Tales: Concentration

Okay - I was being crazy at work again. I told my cashier neighbour about my days. It was down to long words: heeelllllloooooo - or long pauses: how.... are you.... doing today. We decided on long pause day. It was hilarious - she long paused once - once! - then uncontrollably giggled for too long of a pause! Oh dear. That was funny. Then I had a sticker on my shoe for I don't know how long - all back pants and shoes, then a bright flourescent 'No Frills' sticker! I was wondering why a supe was laughing at me from really far away! Then the best story... after the first long pause success and fail (it was definitely both) it was just a giggly kind of day. Anyways, I was bringing through a customer - while trying ridiculously hard not to laugh. Another cahier (2 spots over), looked up from her till and just started laughing at my face - doesn't that sound awkward - it was really at the facial expression, but that sounds less crazy. Anyways, she was farther away so I couldn't hear her, so when I asked what, in particular (because let's be reasonable, it could be anything), she was laughing at - well, she used her hands to push her whole forehead together! It was exactly what I do! So funny! Then she said I was always 'so serious' - hahahaha - that look was from me trying not to laugh. Hilarious. Then - I said it was my concentrated look - concentrated - which made me think of a kind of drink. Even worse - my neighbour did not hear the word concentrated. Hehehe. Some days I love my job. Also - I'm going to have some crazy oddly placed wrinkles someday! I already have laugh lines - I'm just a little worried what all these crazy facial expressions are going to do to my face :P It's probably worth the fun times though - I'll just have to get over my texture-based hatred of moisturizer... finally.

No comments: