I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 11 August 2011

The Day of the Smarties.

Me vs No Frills. 8 hour match. Disgusting Fernbrooke water provided for competitors (I don't like it, I very very much don't like it... in fact... I hate it!). So... working in a grocery store has some drawbacks, don't get me wrong the co-workers and customers are nice and funny (insert your name into this category... but only if you're cool enough), but you're surrounded by food; You're not supposed to shop while you're hungry... working in a grocery store... even worse. Last week I really wanted Smarties. They had just restocked them and they just looked bright and shiny and delicious. I don't like Smarties, which is why this is funny - I liked them as a kid, but I hate the whole 'no artificial colours' thing. They look and taste weird; Bring back the fake stuff. Hmmm. Anyways, tangent tangents. I couldn't figure out why I wanted them. I told a fellow cashier and they'd wanted to get them all day too. They hated them as well! Then, hours later, we figured it out - they changed the packages. That's more than a little scary - go ad people! She was working again today so we gave the Smarties a chance... they were even more gross then I remembered. Never again. Thankfully, another person liked 'em or they would have ended up in the trash. All that to share with you the fact that today... today the Smarties won. They roped us in. They pulled in a purchase. They will however never have this opportunity again because the nostalgic memories have been wholeheartedly destroyed.

No comments: