I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 4 August 2011

Cashier Tales: From Mud Flown, to Soap in the eye.

Okay. So today I was teased - I call it mud throwing - all day long for being crazy. I was - I sang, I taught them the NY2LA dance that 'eh' taught me (excepting the slow motion part, because how?), I announced the days left until Christmas (143!), I embarrassed Nenners right and good by crazy waving (and maybe a couple of odd facial expressions thrown in for good measure) - the best part, she went through a newbie's cash and told said newbie that her sister was making faces - the cashier didn't even look around and hours later she asked if Nenners was my sister - my crazy reputation is growing steadily.

Mostly, I was teased for being happy in a broken world. That's kind of sad. I actually had people try to start a 'why woe is better' debate with me. We three involved came to the conclusion that though the world isn't super amazing all of the time we approached life in two very different manners. They complained, got more bored, and more woeful... I tried to break that off, by using a strength absolutely not of my own making. That always works for me; He always works as a go-to response because that's right where He's supposed to be. It doesn't take long for Holy Spirit to nudge me when I'm at work - when I'm in public trying to be just His. Things stayed light - they can in Him - it wasn't light for me (I was dealing with some things head on), but it wasn't crushing for them either (though in all honesty, I know that thinking in that manner does lead to the best kind of questions). I was serious about serious things and I joked around when I was supposed too. It was a good day.

Oh right, the funnies! I was teased rightfully enough - I was sprayed with cleaning solution (from a safe distance) and it rained down on my hands. Customers must wonder about us some time :P I bantered with the sprayer, who was a supe, saying that they could have sprayed me in the eye - damaging me. To think this supe thought I was quiet and often defended my sanity... no longer so... whahaha. Later on - I totally sprayed a whole whack of soap all over myself - and yes, it went straight into my eye as well. See - I went from mud insults to soap pain. I wonder which one's better and worse, but I certainly don't have to figure out if it was funny - it was. Oh, the stories to be found in our day to day haps. I love those people - co-workers and customers alike. They make for good fun and stories.

No comments: