I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Saturday 20 August 2011

Cottage: The Weird Chronicles

Well - couldn't help but look around at the ridiculous amount of weird things that live their inanimate lives out at our family cottage. My parents other residences are void of all of oddities, so the cottage is the dropping zone! I''m scared. You may be too.

Pigs flying? No no, swimming.
There's a flying cow hidden above the rafters.
A weird sparkly bird - which is setting a trend of facing the wall.
I actually like this wood carving, minus the triangle breastage.
Orange juice stain coming down to the main level. Mad big spill from like 11 years ago -   I'm clumsy.
Shiny fish. Always on a wall - I'm just fortunate - my family used to eat fish jelly :P
Again, love this. My Papa had a grocery store! Unfortunately it never held cookies. Here it is full of prescriptions... waste of awesomeness.
Words fail me.
Spices - some of which are decades and decades old!
More baskets than anyone could possibly use.
Random.
Nenners's favourite - quiltedness.
The Jukebox we can't use!
Why - seriously - why?
Because it just doesn't match.
Ew. Real fish - again facing the wall.
Real Gator, holding a bug zapper.
Real real real. Real grossness. Hilarious though - my Dad originally put them eye level in the bathroom  (like they could come up and bit you) - the kids were too scared though!
Owl - facing pretty much the wall again.
2 sets of antlers - 1 of which is glow in the dark!
Weird little fox on glass.
I would never want to use a face mug... disturbing.
The Canada Day boat race trophy - I don't know why its in a skirt.
The cottage rules - follow them or get booted out
Creppy. Seb disliked it so much that years ago, when they first got it , I put in under her sheets. Hehehehe!
SeptoBac - right between the crackers and the cereal - we're very very careful of what we eat up here, this (and expiry dates) is why!!!

No comments: