I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 25 August 2011

Me vs Water... of the swimming variety...

I failed all of my swimming classes as a kid. I would stubbornly refuse to dive. Just flat out refused... I'm sometimes surprised I made it through my childhood... I was just a brat to deal with... still am in many ways :P As for water though, I have to plug my nose. Just think of the consistent threads of my stories - I have problems staying focused or I get too focused and forget everything else. I always, like always, forget to breathe out of my nose. I end up sputtering out of the water. I wear snorkeling goggles... like for seriously... in combo with flippers (I never use the actual snorkel... I'm weird okay...) - to swim for fun. That's the great thing about lake swimming - you can't clearly see how completely weird I swim... most of it is safely under the surface. Anyways... Mr. Si had me sputtering a few days ago. We jumped in Ninja flipper fighting with our feet, but holding hands to not actually hit each other - distance is a key factor - the problem: right before we leaped in he handed me a noodle... I had no free hand! I hate that. Ah well, this is what I always look like in water... so here's me as a little kid... making the expression I still struggle against...


... I would say 'How could someone have stopped to take a picture when I'm obviously almost drowning?', but, sadly, that would be a lie. I look('ed'... I wish I could add the 'ed') like this after every jump. Worse still, I looked like that after being baptized... and there was a camera with that one... yuck. See, people, I share my embarrassing things too ;D

No comments: