I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 25 August 2011

Miswordings: Me vs The Whole French Language!

French faux pas... That's a phrase right? Whahaha...

Okay, as a kid I was okay in French. I sang the athem, I played those class games, and could passably speak. Then, something happened - I moved to New Zealand. See, there isn't a dominant second official language - there are a few that run pretty close together in the running. The winner though: Japanese. Yep - it's true - that was what they taught me at good old stuffy and sometimes scary 'Chilton St. James' private school! It totally and completely messed up my pre-existing French skills. Then, I returned to Canada and couldn't pick French back up. Then, to make matters worse I also lost my Japanese skills. Sad. Never caught up. Took what I needed to graduate - then kicked all different language goals to the curb. Anyways... on to the present day funnies...

We went shopping today. Put a little more space between us and the cold cold waters of the lake. In Aldo, we were browsing through shoes, when Nenners turned to the 'Solde' section - I turned to her and said... "Oh, those ones have already been sold"... I knew as soon as the words starting leaving my mouth that they were on sale NOT sold. I just couldn't stop it quick enough. Total Blonde moment! Gave Nenners a good laugh though :P

No comments: