I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Swimming. Canadian.

Cold. It was so cold!!! One day I braved the waters on my own. The kids were absorbed in a flick and didn't even see me leave (Mr. Si said he would have come). Nenners was uncertain of my success... so was I. As I walked down to the dock, the leaves were falling around me. It's fall - unofficially, but still! Not here in Kingston, but there in Quebec - yes yes. As soon as they fall, I'll stick to that fact - even on this warm day, I'll hope for cooler days! I finally made it to the dock - even colder. I decided to take a seat and give myself a moment to take it in. The chair was freezing. That's when I really started to doubt myself, but stubbornness won out. I jumped it. Then I got out quick. Repeated that a dozen times to acclimate myself. In my 'get out of the water fast' move, I hit the same bit of my knee a dozen times. Such a funny scar. Then I jumped in so far that I accidently went under DEEP and did an unintentional backwards somersault. Came up screaming for air and struggling for warmth. My day, documented for proof.




 Mr. Si and I braved another cold day together. We each jumped in 16/17 times (former: me; latter: him) to warm up. Tired out. Jumped in alternating alphabet letters - so much fun... 'cept poor Mr. Si got all the bad letters because I started it up. New tradition made though.

Also, in the past few days: new 'props' with Sunshine, a walk with Mister Giggles, new co-worker in Nieceamine (Congrats), and new obsessively awesome show - I'm now hooked on 'Phineas and Ferb'!

No comments: