I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Me & Co VS... Directions, the Drive-in & Mosquitoes.


Tonight was the night for Captain America. Decided to take Nieceamine, Mr. Si, Sunshine, Mister Giggles, and Mr. Please to see the flick! Just got home a little while ago. Drive-in!!! Last time I went to a drive-in was when Spiderman first came out. I'd already seen it in theatres and stayed in the van with Nieceamine and Mr. Si and told them when to cover their eyes - they were so little! Tonight though was the first time I was the adult at a drive-in. Funny funny thing. So, directionally challenged me had an assist by Nenners, with map printouts, she wrote 'going there' on the first sheet and 'coming home' on the second. I actually needed that. Then, she highlighted her words... oh dear, that probably says enough right there. We only got turned around once on the way there - but quickly got back on track. Mr. Please kept asking me if I knew how to get to one place or another - he was listing them off - I continually had to remind him that I get lost driving him home every single time, even though I've gone there like 20+ times. Sad and directionally unteachable am I. Anyways - we make it. We arrive safely. There was a space right up front. I only re-parked like 3 (maybe 4) times, which is one of my smallest records - yay!

Then, we start trying to figure out a way to sit in the van because the mosquitoes were in full out attack mode. Mr. Si and Mr. Please, fully protected by bug repellent skin lotion or such, settled themselves quite nicely outside. These boys, they know how to roll - They each had a chair and a footrest... Mr. Si also brought a sheet. The rest of us settled inside. Then, the movie began. I liked it. We had to leave the window open a little so the older boys could hear it. The mosquitoes knew this and formed a plan of attack. I have like 50 bites... my blood is sugar... seriously. Then it kept getting unbearably hot. It was 22 degrees outside - perfect weather - next time: more chairs, less car. The windows got so fogged up that the picture was blurry. I turned on the car for minute air-conditioner breaks... I didn't turn it on all the way enough times though; I have no car skills - I totally drained the battery! So embarrassing. I had to go inside and then they tried to give me the kit - ummm... no car skills! - then I waited for one of the guys who worked there to do it for me. Thank you, helpful persons! Fun times. We drove off.

Now, for the return trip. Don't worry - there were no FURTHER actual problems. Me and Nieceamine were a little worried for it though. I'm directionally challenged and she was on map duty - scary things. We called for car silence, ironically we did so very very loudly, and then we settled in. Right after that, Sunshine speaks up saying, no joke, 'Oh no! It says danger ahead!'. There's where you can see how atmosphere affects people. We were stressed out, the rest got stressed out. The sign said 'Danger overhead wires'. I loved it. We all started laughing. Then we all got hyper very very quickly. We killed many mosquitoes. We talked in funny voices. We recapped the movie - good thing too, I totally missed the whole ending with the car issues. We saw a person from Church on the drive home - we tapped on the windows, then yelled hello. All in all, today was so easy. We ran into lots of issues, but wow did we have options - maps printouts that track the route for us, cell phones, people that have battery jumpstart kits, all night stations in case we got lost somewhere. Good times. I sleep now. I shall dream of unbreakable cars and a mosquito-less world... I know, I know, they're part of a chain and we need them... I don't have to want them though. So now, I present to you Rhett & Link's older 'Mosquitos Suck' song! I like that it's about everything that sucks! We totally played it on the drive home...



1 comment:

Timmerie Grace said...

What a night.

-uncomma