I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 21 July 2011

International Me!

Today I'm a little travel nostalgic. I'm getting ready to go to a Katie Souza conference in Horseheads, New York. I'm super excited, and a little Lisa-style of nervous. I can't help but think of how small my travel bubble has gotten of late however. I was a world trekker. I loved it. I didn't love the hotel 'day camps', but I loved going places. I loved seeing things. In Grade 12, I went on a 10 day tour of Europe! Fun times. We went to too many places though - we weren't able to spend that much time really experiencing them. The first day was my favourite though - everyone was jet lagged and just sitting around, but I grabbed a friend and we actually saw the city. Most days though, we went on tours. They were fun but picture rushing too - pretty much like it was portrayed in the 'Monte Carlo' flick I just saw. It was a click, run, click situation. Anyways, I really wanted that picture of me supporting the Leaning Tower of Pisa. This is the picture story of me failing:

The building itself.
Me trying.
Me sad after failing.
Me deciding to be a airplaning superhero instead.
If you have to wear a poncho, then wear it full-out. Embrace the horrible fashion!
I'm still disappointed here, but at least I got a normal picture ;)
One day I shall go back and get the right picture. My travel bubble will re-expand. Until then, Horseheads here I come!

No comments: