I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Monday 18 July 2011

Me vs Really REally REAlly REALly REALLy REALLY OLD CAKE!

EW. So, yesterday... Baptism... fun times... except for a two moments (one already shared, oh and a horrible viewing of 'Beastly' with Seb whom I love - the movie should jump off a cliff though)... the final one shared now.

I guess there exists a tradition of eating the traditionally frozen wedding cake at a baby's baptism. Tate forgot about it for Nougat and Lee Jr.'s baptismal moments... she remembered for Frannie's... 7 years later...
... (danger danger... sing the song)...
She passed the pieces around... some (Nenners and other smarty pants)... didn't take any. I however have been called a wee bit sentimental... I took it...
... Seb ate it first... she said it tasted like tree. She said that. She assuredly said that. Still... STILL I decided to eat it. See, the thing is, I heard Seb say it, but her face didn't react at all and I assumed the best. I threw a bit in my mouth with wild abandon... abandonment of reason and all of the (obviously faulty) intelligence I've managed to gather during the 24 years I've been alive! It was the worst thing I've EVER tasted. I almost puked. Even thinking about it makes me a little green. Ew. EW!!!

Oh, sad... but so so so so so so so so FUNNY!

ONE OTHER MOMENTS (hehhehe... one moments... the cake affected my brain...)...

On the drive back to Kingston we watched 'Miracle in Lane 2' (one of my Family Channel original movie favourites)... I've been telling Nieceamine it's a good movie for 3 and a half years - she was outnumbered and had to watch it... the pair of us cried like little babies. Loudly... for the 5 others in the car to deal with. It was liked when we watched 'Letters to God' (but that was worse... the singing... I still can't think about that movie for too long) - horrendous. Funny though, we laughed at our crying while still crying - I just think that's funny. You can tell how we cope. That's like when I try to explain this one Hallmark COMMERCIAL that makes me lose it... STILL... even though it's from more than 10 yeas ago... sappy I am indeed. I just thought I'd share that factoid with you... most people don't know. My mom once banned me from watching 'Little House on the Prairie' because I was crying too much. I cried through saying 'but I la-la-love it and it's waa-waaa-wonderful'. Oh dear...

Enjoy these moments of hilarity... and have and share many of your own...

No comments: