I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Friday 8 July 2011

Birthdayness Story Sharing: Nenners vs Tate


     Today is Nenners birthday!!!! Yay! Happy Birthday! This story has absolutely no birthday ties, but it's my favourite Nenners memory. I share it with you on this the day of her birth!

     So, I was 4/5/6. She was 19/20/21. I don't know which... obviously. We were out on the town. We had the family car. We were rocking it out in the front seat (that was allowed and awesome). We had to be home at a certain time for Tate to take the car. We were a few minutes late. Just a few. Tate wasn't super happy. We pulled into the garage and Tate was already waiting at the door... fuming (I love her, but she was a teenager on a mission and she was 17/18/19).

     Okay, I've never seen Nenners do anything like this ever before or since. Tate was still waving her arms around, then Nenners looked down at me and said 'Watch this'. She turned off the car and manually turned the volume on the radio all the way up - go go manual! We got out of the car. Tate huffed past us and into it, verbally complaining the whole way. Nenners said wait and wave - we did so at the door. Tate turned on the car - oh dear, the jump and then the look on her face were epic. Hilarious. She was so mad. She was yelling. We closed the door. She drove away and off to her day. Hilarious.

     Go go Nenners! Funny times, big sister! I love you muchly and hope that you have a great day! Yay - it's going to be an amazing year - AMAZING!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

that made me smile~ I can't believe I did that~ then I remember what her car related tantrums were like that year... lol

Lisa Michelle said...

Good - that was the point birthday lady! :P We laughed and laughed! Oh, if only the radio dials were still manual... We could redo the joke just for funnies (Tate outgrew the car issues, but still)! We could put on the 'Riverdance' soundtrack - remember our sisterly dancing skills - all 4 of us rocking out. Wow... too funny!