I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Tuesday 5 July 2011

How 'The Simpsons' saved Seb's life.

For serious. Okay, so I don't like 'The Simpsons', but I do like that it saved my sisters life. So, my name is Lisa - shocking eh? I have that similarity with a character. I get the songs for her too. I hate that gasoline one - it was used to bug me all through elementary school. Anyways, Seb does use the birthday one for me; I like that one, but only from her. Seb has spent many a birthday with me. My parental units get this travel bug towards the end of winter - it usually hits on my birthday. I usually spent the actual day with Seb - we always pizza'd and movie'd it up. Fun times. I think this story is from like grade seven or eight. We were heading out of the garage (for the aforementioned pizza picking up and movie grabbing) and she started the song. I told her that people sang it to me all day. She turned, quite upset that they dared to sing her song, and then she turned to walk out. The most gianormous piece of ice fell off of the roof - right where she would have been. We were in shock for a bit. Wow, I was happy about that song. I do find it funny that it was a 'The Simpsons' and her being angry about 'The Simpsons' birthday song that saved her. Oh Seb, I love you and I'm glad you're my sister. And that you sing that song and that you hid fudgsicles from me (I didn't ever need added sugar) and about the bacon. Just you in general.

No comments: