I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Monday 11 July 2011

Me vs The World's Definition of a High Five

Okay. It's late. I'm all hyped up from Church. That's a great thing, sleep not considered. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to sleep. It's a no go. Just almost drifted off when I was all of a sudden chock (spelling?) full of the giggles. Like, full out giggling. Couldn't even be quiet about them. I was just hanging about when all of a sudden a montage of a weeks worth of high fives played through my head. They were some messed up high fives. I'm actually a little worried for this lack of high fiving skill. In a week, I've high fived some 8 or more people. Do you know what most of them did? Do you? They lifted their right hand and awkwardly, super duper awkwardly, pressed their hand into mine! What's that about? Seriously - a key part of a high five is the sound! Awkward presses don't have sound they have... Drumroll... awkwardness! So funny. I thought to blame this oddity on a specific age group, but couldn't - my high fives spanned all ages, attitudes (I find grumpy person high fives hilarious - them, not me... now that'd be weird), and places. I'm worried about the future of high fives. I should probably send a question about their coming status to 'The Future According to Rhett'. Will do. To sleep I go. I'll leave the high five pondering to you...


P.S.
I also had a hilarious shaking of the hands experience today. I greeted someone in the morning and held out my right hand - they grabbed it with their right and did that hilarious not really a handshake handshake. Oh dear. Why? I don't like that one.

No comments: