I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Monday 4 July 2011

Cashier Tales: The Newbies.

No Frills has hired the fist new batch since my arrival. Fun times. They put some newbies near me... I assume they did this to acclimate them to my craziness. I went to work in that. One of the newbies, 'be', was right next to me. I found out she grew up watching 'Arthur', which is awesome because I totally sing the library episode songs all the time. She wouldn't sing them though. Sad. She was entertained and entertaining though. So, I bugged her pretty much the whole shift. Fun. Anyways, she wouldn't do anything though. Then, the manager was leaving for the day - I think I'll call her 'the voice' (because whenever I say hello in a funny voice she mimics it back). Anyways, I've been bugging 'the voice' for quite sometime about needing to dance. At the very least, to dance out of the store after a hard day's work. She always just laughs it off and moves on. Sometimes she does that 'oh' laugh too, like that she would say that I'm crazy - but she really does encourage that in me. So, 'be' was working at the cash next to me and 'the voice went through the cash next to her. I told 'be' to dramatically ask 'the voice' if 'today was the day for dancing'. She did. I was not expecting that. 'The voice' was puzzled and then looked around for me. I was found out. I told her I was working hard at rubbing off on them. Indeed, I even furthered that work today. What? I'm awesome okay. I also fake fought with others - that's fun too. They wanted me to be boring - I'll always fight against that.

No comments: