I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Monday 4 July 2011

Cashier Tales: Cannibalistic Cereal

This is it. My best cashier story, or at least, my most favourite one. I start it with some background info. I am a ridiculously picky eater. I also try very little. I have problems with visuals and just with textures. I only recently starting being able to eat ranch dressing - that's the only condiment I use, minus spicy mayo, which I love. I eat what I like and that's it. Picky. Anyways, as a cashier I really work at controlling my expression. I'm really picky, but I'm cool with whatever other people eat. So, I've brought through beef liver, fish eyes, canned squid, lamb, and all of this other stuff I wouldn't normally touch; I did this successfully without embarrassing expressions. Then, one day, I met my match. This customer came through with a lot of items. She was turning around to get more items. Then I looked down. You know how sometimes you're doing something you don't want to do? How it happens in slow motion? That happened to me that day. I let out the loudest, longest 'Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww' that I've ever said; It was like it was never-ending. At least a full minute. At the same time I was shaking my head no, but I just couldn't stop. The customer stood up and turned to face me - I was still going. It was ridiculous. At the end I turned it to 'I'm so sorry'. I was in shock for a few seconds. Then I just told her that I was looking at the box - that it was about the box. She quickly said, 'It's not for me'. That made me laugh so much. Then I just told her that the idea of cannibalistic cereal freaked me out! It's disgusting. I showed her the picture, she agreed. She said that she was glad that she didn't eat it. I do though. I haven't had it since. I do know I still love it though. Here's the box:


Okay! So I was scared by the box, but I'd never seen anything but the box. People didn't believe me about cannibalistic Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Then in Florida I got proof. I share it now with you:

No comments: