I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Monday 4 July 2011

Cashier Tales: Where's the Beef?

So. I'm feeling cashier nostalgic. I've been at No Frills a long time. It's adding up. I'm putting up some oldies today. Anyways, this story is one of my bests. This lady was going through my cash - I seriously wish I could remember her. If only. I'm sure she's a regular. Tangents and I get along - did you notice that? Okay, so I'm a little Monk-ish. I hate touching gross things. Meat especially. This customer was buying a beef roast. It had leaked. I picked up a corner before I realized it. I picked it up with my right hand. I was disgusted. I turned to get a produce bag from my drawer. I used my left hand. I didn't move my right hand. Lever time. I turned quick. The beef flew. It flew! It almost hit the customer! Then it hit the cement ground... and it bounced up at least 2 feet! I can't even imagine the look on my face. I felt so bad. It was so funny though. The customer was super nice - she still took it. Wow - funny times.

No comments: