I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 23 June 2011

Cashier Tales: The Bum Brush

Okay, the cashes at No Frills are kind of close together. Things happen. Sometimes people touch my butt. Sometimes they full-out hit me. Sometimes they threaten to lob carts at me - old people though, they just do it - they hurl the the shopping carts towards me, then they laugh like crazy people... I'm pretty sure that's going to be me when I get old. Anyways, sometimes I just fall into the customers with no reason. Either way, funny things. This story is just awkward. Still, share shall I.

You know how you can tell when someone is staring at you? Well, I got that feeling. It was busy, so I decided to push it aside. Then, it just got more intense. I still tried to ignore it. I was bringing a customer through. There was a huge line up at my line and at the cash behind me. So many people. Anyways, the customer paid and I turned to get their change. Yep, the starer was right there. It was an older, nice looking lady, who was breathing on my neck. Staring intensely. I almost jumped and repelled backwards, but I managed to keep ahold of myself. I gave my customer their change, then turned to face the starer. She looked at me, then said slowly, and at this point, creepily (yet with a nice voice), "I just wanted to let you know we'll be rubbing bums shortly". I yelled in my head, but not aloud. I just stared right back at her, frozen. Then I think I said "What?". She then explained that she'd have to step into my box area so that her husband could pass with their cart. I appreciate warnings when people, mostly strangers, invade my space, but use words from the start. Please don't preface anything with creepy stares.

No comments: