I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Friday 10 June 2011

Nieceamine, Toothbrush & Me vs 'Superman Returns'

     What? We double feature it sometimes here! Oh the stories that go with this movie. I have a love-hate relationship with it. I just hate that it was obviously supposed to be a set of movies. I like when the first movie in a series can stand on its own. I love the Superman story though. I grew up thinking I was Supergirl. I love the old 'Adventures of Superman', the Chris Reeves movies (though I find it the corniest amongst all this corn... come on Lois, be a little cool), the nineties 'The New Adventures of Lois and Clark', and had a great love of the first seasons of 'Smallville'.

     Anyways, Nieceamine likes to screencap her movies. When she asked if she could pause it while we watched it I limited it to 3 (it's a really long movie and he's too cute to be pausing it all of the time). She exclaimed hilariously 'One in pain, one as Clark Kent, and one as Superman'. Me and Toothbrush responded with a 'What! In pain?' She then explained that he looks best in pain. Funny. We just found out that he doesn't look as cool slow motion. Look at me getting into the teen movie crush.

The Past Veiwing:
     I was watching it one day, when Nieceamine and Toothbrush came in halfway through and asked why. Then they saw Superman. They sat their butts down pretty quick. Then the comments started. Hilarious comments. Poor Isaac, who also claimed a viewing seat, was the only boy in the room. Here are some samples:

Nieceamine, general musings:
"Oh you can be MY Superman any day!"

Toothbrush on flying:
"I'd be so scared but safe in his arms"
"Wouldn't she be cold? But, his heart would warm her up."

The Current Viewing:
Nieceamine: "He must have like really strong abs of steel."
Toothbrush: "Wow. What a rock!"
Nieceamine: "I forgot of how much I loved him."
Nieceamine: "Wow. Zoom in!"
Toothbrush: "Wow, look at his swirl."

Me: "Would you be in that crowd cheering him on?"
The two of them: "No, I'd be next to him."
Toothbrush: "Actually no. He'd be holding me."

Me: "Are you done taking pictures yet?"
Nieceamine: "Oh please, everytime I see his face it opens up a whole new world."
... if she sings that song I'll put an end to this madness...

Toothbrush: "Oh, I'd hold onto you."

Nieceamine: "I was tired before I watched this. I'm not anymore."

... the sounds... the screams and the gasps... they're hilarious...
They've now determined that there will be a sequel. Apparently they've got the pull to make that happen.

No comments: