I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Friday 24 June 2011

Me vs Summer School

I never went to summer school. Each summer I was kidnapped by my parents and brought to our cottage, which was beautiful, but a place of social isolation. I always had a best bud come up to visit for a week, but then it was me and me alone, until the family came up for a little bit. We came back like once a week to do laundry and switch my Rogers Video '7 movies for 7 days'. Yes, that did add to my movie fanatic existence, though I've had it in me since I was a mere baby, I blame Inspector Gadget and Fraggle Rock and Little House on the Prairie (which I also lovingly blame for making me into a ridiculous sap). It was July. We were back for a night. I woke up thinking it was still the school year. Actually, I woke up panicked because I thought I had an exam. I jumped into my uniform, brushed my teeth and ran downstairs. I couldn't find my bag. I was losing it. My Mom was standing in the middle of the kitchen, probably shocked to a standstill by my epic loud running, (more like flying... I think I used 2 steps), by my early appearance and, of course, by my uniform. Then she laughed and said, "It's July. You're still asleep! Go back to bed". See, no summer school for me.

No comments: