I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Me vs Ineb: $ Scares

     Dollars flying out the window. Next time you read that, it will have more meaning. I was hanging out with TH and Ineb. We had fun times. We ate food and probably watched some geek shows (the best of the entertainment variety). Ineb sneakily paid for the food. That doesn't work with my family. We fight hard. One time at a restaurant my Grandma Lil even faked a bathroom break halfway through the meal and paid the whole bill off. See, fight hard, take nothing. Yep, it can be a bad thing. Anyways, I definitely paid for my fighting tendencies in this particular tale. I was driving the Highlander (oh, so many memories of hilarity awesomeness hidden from my Mom in it's calm and polishedness).

     Anyways, I paid Ineb and me and TH started to leave. Ineb had fought me on the $s. I finally threw like a 10 far into his house and me and TH booted it out of there. He ran after us with it. Then he went inside and shut the door. I took the 10, at this point it was just about winning (I'm super competitive and careful about it), and stuffed it in the door. Now completely at ease, I said 'fasten your seatbelt TH' and started the car. The window was open. I had no, like absolutely no, idea! We were talking. I didn't hear him open the house door. It was so dark outside. It was like midnight or so. I turned to face forward when something hit me on the shoulder and then bounced back out. I looked to the left and saw a pale smiling face.

     I freaked out. No one ever really expects me to girly scream, but I'm very adept at it. Ineb and TH didn't know that about me. They learned quickly. It scared me so much that even when I realized it was Ineb, I kept screaming. Loud and long and against my will. He jumped back. Then he must of realized he couldn't fix anything, because after a second of thought debating (see I was noticing everything, just not interacting well), he turned and ran inside. Then TH kicked in. She was yelling "Shut up! Shut up!". It didn't work. Finally she switched to "DRIVE! Just drive!". That worked. I put the car in go and off we went. It took me half the block to stop screaming my head off. So funny. I'm crying even now.

     Never scare me like that. This is one of my favourite funny stories, but I would just get angry. This one works only because Ineb didn't try to do anything. I am not a prank person. Even little attempted ones would just make me cry. I don't even have a reason. I haven't been pranked, but still I know this. Respect it, or I shall never share these funny funnies again. That was said in a authoritative voice, but it is unreasonable and probably untrue. Good night!

No comments: