I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 23 June 2011

Me vs Fake Miswordings (Nenners Style)

     So, once again I pay for my teasing. Nenners was taking Engagement photos for Seb and Parker. She was really stressed about it. She takes amazing pictures, but she wanted them to be utterly perfect. I was suggesting different locales. I wasn’t even really teasing her at this point, but I had. We (M&D, Nenners, Sunshine & Me) were driving back from The Works (funny footnote), and we passed a hidden waterfall where a couple was getting their pictures done. I jumped on it. I told her I could drive them out then pick them up when they were done. She didn’t think they’d go for it. Not so fun having your picture taken. Anyways, I said “Oy vey”. Sunshine asked what that meant. Nenners said it was German swear words! I was crushed. My parents exclaimed “Lisa!”. I was purple with mortification. It’s been so long since I’ve sworn. I’ve been working on not saying them since I was like 13. I gave them up before I was saved because I didn’t want to ever again say anything that I couldn’t say in front of my nieces and nephews. Plus, they now just bug me – use more words – there is no way I can be convinced that swear words actually express feelings accurately, especially when people use them to mean both good and bad things. Anyways, suffice it to say, my little Lisa heart was crushed. I was desperately trying to count up how many times I’d said “Oy vey” in the course of my life. I thought it meant ‘Dear Me’. It doesn't, but it does mean 'oh woe' in Yiddish. She admitted it a few minutes into my panic. Nenners, that was a good one. Impressed I was and am.
    
Footnote:
The Works. It’s my favourite place to eat (I’m not a real restaurant person). I am an extremely picky eater, but a couple years ago I went to eat with DPO (Get your ‘dance praise on’ – Go fellow Tiger… and also reluctant Chapel Hill Catholic Elementary Student :P) and they had a new Elk burger. It had like a sixth of the fat of the Beef one. DPO didn’t believe I would try it. I did. So competitive. If my parents had only been aware of that; Too late. Anyways, we both got it (I’m pretty sure), and I loved it. It might be because I get the Peppercorn Broiler (which is completely covered), but still… really really weird. Anyways, I’ve gotten that ever since. I don’t go often, but I love it when I do.  So, we all went there (I got to choose because I’m awesome [no no… because I’m not a mother… it’s confusing]). I got THE burg. Nenners tried it. Oh dear, dear me, oh woe (hehehe), if only I had a camera on her. I really like it; I thought she would too. She didn’t. She hated it. She looked like she was going to throw up. I felt bad. I mostly felt humouress though. Maybe that’s the real reason behind the ‘Oy vey’ hilarity. I’m going to go with that.

No comments: