I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Cashier Tales: The Garbage Bag Incident

So. I was working on the express cash awhile ago. Cash 12. I hate it. I hate that I have to turn people away when they have too many items. I hate just standing around when people are waiting to be brought through. Yucky. I also hate that it's the return cash. I get in trouble for paging quietly all the time. Sometimes though, sometimes awesomely hilarious things happen. This one day, a middle-aged man came up to my cash. He said he had to return these garbage bags. He was obviously not a return guy. He was so apologetic. He said they were sized really weird. They were way too short. Having made garbage mistakes myself, I asked if he minded me taking them out (I wanted to save the Supes some time). I then did so. I unfolded the bag fully. He went purple. I tried to tell him I'd done the same thing before. He wouldn't listen. He said sorry and then... AND THEN... he ran away! Like hilariously. He hilariously ran away, purple with mortification. Oh, Cash 12, that was a good day.

No comments: