I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 9 June 2011

Lightning.

It's a little bit frightening... hehehe... Kung Fu Fighting... LOVE IT! I love lightning too. It scares me though. I've had those when it's unexpected epic leaps of terror. One happened when I was 5. I was hyper. Everyone was home and I kept running from inside to outside between groups, driving my Mom nuts with my front door opening. I ran out and then lightening broke across the sky. I screamed and cried instantaneously. My family came running, thinking I was hurt. Not at all. Just terrified at the glory of lightning. The other time was so much later and more embarrassing. I was in grade 9 religion class. We were putting on a play and I had to storm out of the portable in one scene. Anyways, I delivered my angry lines, opened the door and stepped outside just as lightning broke across the sky. I girly screamed and jumped back into the room. Both times, hilarious. Outwardly and afterwards hilarious, but at the time, so scary. Such is the case of many things that have the potential to translate from fearful to funny. We have to push our fears out of the way and see the hilarity. It helps with small fears and it helps with the real big ones too. Like when you can recognize the crazy way your thoughts are moving. When fears of uncertainty and the future and our worth and other common fears, the ones you struggle with personally, start to close in on you. Common they may be, but they certainly don't feel that way when you're dealing with them. They feel utterly controlling and can easily become overwhelming. We're not the ones to fight such fears. We have an advocate. His name is Jesus. With Him our fears are easily overtaken. We can see their flaws, their weaknesses. We can laugh at the lack of power they have compared to Him. Or at how we acted when under them. This distances us. We can grow past them. Grow today. Use humor in strengthening your path. Find His love. Take it up and put everything else down.

1 John 2:1-2
"My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world."

--> If God is for us... seriously... nothing else will stand.

Isaiah 41:13
"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."

--> Of all of the fears I struggle with, the fear of living apart from Him is my greatest. It's the only healthy fear we can have. It desperately seeks to push out all others. It wages a slow and constant battle against our flesh, daily, but it will triumph if we continue to live fully for Him.

No comments: