I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 23 June 2011

Cashier Tales: The Dramatic Purchaser

You know when people try to act cool? This is about one such person. If you're going to grow up, just do it already. Try to be cool and you'll get nowhere. Anyways, this guy came through my cash. He was probably in his thirties or so. He was dressed as a cool guy. He had the jacket and these sunglasses and all of the necessary gear. I gave him the total. He said "Pay Pass". I said "Go ahead". I wasn't looking at him though. He did nothing, so I said "Pay Pass, you can go ahead". Still, nothing. I knew he was waiting for me to look at him, but I was reluctant to give him more attention than I politely required of myself. I finally looked up and said "Go ahead". He slowly pulled out his wallet and said "Pay Pass". He then hit his whole wallet against the machine, with great flourish I might add. Then he looked up as if he was the coolest man in the world. I tried so hard not to laugh. At least the guy thinks he's cool. Plus, he added humour to my day and to the day's of others that I've shared this story with.

No comments: