I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Sunday 5 June 2011

Origin of Nicknames: Spew

I don't know how she let me call her Spew. I seriously don't. It's been like 11 years. I think she must have just known that it was always said with much love. Today is Spew's birthday and so I write this for her, never expecting her to read it, but knowing that she knows it. Spew is a lifer. She's a never put you down, always for you, always the real her, always faithful, and always awesome person. She's everything you could want in a friend. I'm an odd duck, I'll say it always, but I'm odd in my friendships too. I'm a lifer as well. I don't talk to Spew often anymore, we just kind of drifted apart, life made its way in through us growing up. I'm still for her though. Completely. And I still feel like she knows who I am and that I know who she is. I get that people continually grow and change in the course of their lives, but I think there's a core that remains the same. That a spark of person genuineness is the same throughout the years. I would be there if she needed me, I have been there when she needed me, and I know that the same is true for her. I'm both a non-stop talker and a non-talker, but I know that I've gotten this across: I'm a sticker. Through all  of my annoying actions, through the many quirks I have, through awkwardness, and through troubles, I'm for people. I met Spew through TH. It was Grade 8. All I remember was that she was one of the nicest people I'd ever met. She was so steady at an age where such a thing was a rarity. For many, steadiness is still a rarity. She had a good sense of humour too. I was bugging her at Ski Club or at lunch one day. She was eating Poutine. I made her laugh. She spewed fries out of her mouth. Looking back I would have probably called her 'Poutine' - 'Tiney' for short (she is). Ah well, Spew stuck, in name and in friendship. Happy Birthday Spew!

No comments: