I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Tuesday 7 June 2011

I'm Blonde.

I am. Although I don't usually rely on this statement, or the connotations it brings to mind, it is true. Today I woke up grumpy, knowing that I had to go to work and not wanting to go. I went. I always do. Always have, though not without some issues (another time). So, I went. I mistakenly went. I was 24 hours early for tomorrow's shift. It was one of those stupid things. I wrote down my schedule too fast and jumped ahead. Distracted Lisa time. Unable to focus. Stupid, but funny. I know that it's funny, but I won't find it super funny for like another hour. Still, I share for you. Take joy in my funny times. I shall join in the laughter soon. At least I was able to pick up some things for Nenners. I also found a disturbing robot claw. I already love it. I think I'm going to bug a lot of people with it. I leave you now to discover what the day has to offer for someone such as me.

Wait. I'm calling all good funny stories... no time limit...
SHARE YOURS. If not with me (though comments with funny things would make me happy), then at least with the people actively in your life. Funny mistakes are meant to be shared. Even real ones, when appropriate and with His timing, are meant to be shared. We learn from each other. Not so scary then.

You know the movie 'Monsters, Inc'? You better. I <3 Pixar! In the beginning they 'scare because we care'. That care is a selfish care. They're taking what they can from people for themselves. They learn in the movie. At the end they use laughter instead. That's powerful. You get scared without meaning to, but you can't laugh without finding something funny (real laugh, I'm not talking about fake laughs. I hate them. Just don't bother trying)! Take a lesson out of the Pixar vault and share laughter and joy. I do.

I get asked if I'm crazy all of the time. I tell funny stories to co-workers and customers all day long (when I go to work on the right day :P). When I get asked that question I answer honestly and fully. I say this: "I am crazy. I'm a crazy Christian. Crazy for God. So crazy for God that I work hard at putting aside the world and at putting on joy instead." And then people look at me like I'm even more crazy, but they know I'm telling the truth about it. If they see me again, they keep on asking. I keep on telling them. I'll keep on telling them. Be a light, my dear readers. Be a light that carries the truth of Jesus's sacrifice, of God's sacrifice for us. Show the joy that comes from knowing God. Be yourself. Be imperfect, but loved and learning. Tell your story. Tell how God has been intricately weaved into your life. Since He created you. Because He loves you. Do this because He loves them too.

Matthew 5:16
"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

No comments: