I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Friday 10 June 2011

Cashier Tales: Limabean. Epic embarrassment.

Wow. This one's even difficult to write. Still too funny and it's already been a few days. Anyways, I saw her and her family coming. It was busy, they were busy. The lady in front of them in line was amazed at the number of kids. She got the number of them wrong. I really screwed up; I corrected her. This opened up the conversation. Bad things followed. Very very bad things. She furthered her talking. It went into the begetting zone. Too detailed. Too too many details. I was slowly shaking my head, silently screaming 'stop talking ma'am'. All of a sudden Limabean's hubby, Milne, stepped forward. He assumed the best of the conversation. Thinking that this old lady was innocently talking of the busyness of kids. Not so. I was trying to keep my focus on Limabean. Avoid the conversation of awkwardness happening a foot away. She's a good one to focus on. She was a busy busy mom, but still managed to be cool. Hilarious too. All of a sudden, children's shoes were on my belt. I threw one at her. I'm not perfect. I put an egg (wrapped up... she doesn't tell it like that... BUT it was safely wrapped in a bag), in another boot. Then, like one of my work stories I had shared, she tried to pay pass a debit card. Dramatically. I loved it. I didn't respond fully because I was still scarred by the old lady and still red... I was red for so long. I did gather myself enough to awkward wave goodbye when she looked back though. Good times. That amount of hilarity needed a marker. I gave her a opened and resealed box of crackers. My co-workers didn't think I would. Why doubt my serious hilarity people? Two days later, we chatted about what actually happened when she came through my cash. It was even more funny. Crazy how that works. I love when she hits this Limabean level of laughter, of which there is no return. I take it as a hilarity victory. Fun times, Limabean, funny fun times.

No comments: