I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Me vs The Creature Under The Bed

     A cat. It was a cat. Don't get too scared. It is scary though. Especially when you're 6 and have never been around any animals before. So. I was staying with Nenners and Waywin. Their spare room was Mika's room. She was not pleased with me. We closed the door so she wouldn't come in. She scratched until Nenners let her back in. Then she disappeared.

     I tried to sleep, then there was this sound. It was horrible. It was scary. It was coming from underneath the bed! I was sitting bolt upright trying to gather myself enough courage to look. I finally did. I started to lean down. The sound stopped. I looked into yellow eyes. Ahhh! I was back on top quite quickly.

     Then, once again with the sound. This time I could see over the edge. There were sparks. Seriously, sparks. I was sleepy, but I was also determined. I looked. I saw. She was upside down. She was running UPSIDE DOWN along the bed frame. Sparks were flying from cat claw and bed frame friction. So much worse than I'd imagined. I stayed awake until she'd tired herself out.

     Thinking back on this, I believe there might have been a further reason for the cat being let into the room. I was quite the demanding child, ridiculously cute, but basically an all out brat. I woke them up at like 5 every time I slept over so that they could make me porridge for breakfast. 'PORRIDGE'. I then woke them up like 15 minutes later for my second bowl. I was a hungry morning person. Maybe they were trying to get me to sleep in just a bit. Maybe not. Either way, a question to ponder.

No comments: