I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 23 June 2011

International Me (Directionally Challenged) vs The Vatican

Wow. I just saw DPO, so all the Europe stories are becoming clearer. This is my best getting lost story. The Vatican is crazy busy. I have never heard that many languages separately or together EVER! It was babel-ly. So hard to concentrate. I don’t like crowds, I just pick up too many things from people and have a tendency to get overwhelmed. There were so many different tours and languages that we had headphones for our guide. Praise God. For serious. Anyways, we had a break in the tour. The teachers told us where to meet in 15 minutes. After talking a bit, I decided to use the washroom before we had to meet. I ran into Mrs. V coming out of them. I stopped, and because I’m me, and I’m directionally challenged and I worry, I asked her where we were meeting. She told me a whole different place on a whole different level. I double-checked with her. She stuck by it. I warned her, she laughed. I peed. I went to the place she told me. I waited. I waited and waited. Nothing. Scary. So scary. Finally I started walking around – you couldn’t stand still – move or be trampled. I went to the place where we were supposed to meet. No one. Sad. I tried to ask people. I was ignored. It’s not like there was an information booth. I suddenly saw a door. It looked inviting. I went to it. I opened it. It should have been locked. It led outside. It led to a non-crowded place. It was tempting. If I had stepped out, I would have been locked out. There were thousands of people waiting in line for The Vatican, I would have been completely without hope. They didn’t even give us an in case of emergency info packet… I’m me. I need things like that. I was starting to panic. I stopped by the wall and had God gather me and my senses up. Suddenly and with no Lisa-based reason, I put my headphones on. Then, I heard my name faintly. The volume was up all the way. I started walking. It got louder. It was Mr. B! He was so angry! But, he was saying “Lisa! If you can hear this try to walk towards us while it gets louder!”. Relief. I was a little scared to walk towards a voice that mad, but still onwards I went. Suddenly I was found. Mr. B was filled in by Mrs. V and I was found blameless. Wow. Big day in the ‘Chronicles of Lisa Michelle’.

No comments: