I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 23 June 2011

Cashier Tales: Me (with back-up) vs The Kag (& chips)

I tease people, okay? By now, you should know this. Some people in my life, and at my church, aren't aware of it. Silly people. Anyways, one day The Kag went through my cash. I started teasing immediately... why waste time and words? She stopped me and asked me to be careful with her tortilla chips. She explained how she turns the bag upside down to make sure that there aren't too many crumbs. This is where the waters get dicey. I said, "That's what all smart people do". She took offense. She asked me why I'm always mean to her. I told her what was what - I had just lumped her into a smart category, so I told her to back off. Then, responding to further accusations of meanness (that exist from teasing, not mean tendencies), I told her I was nice. I also told her my big sister would back me up. Then, the amazing happened. All of sudden, Nenners appeared behind me! Crazy! I had just said "she'll back me up" and then all of a sudden she was literally standing behind me! I had no idea she was in the store at all. Awesome. So funny. I then dramatically moved her chips through the cash... in slow motion. I'm a little bit awesome. Until next time Kag... until next time.

No comments: