I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Monday 6 June 2011

Me vs The Past & The Elevator

I was working for CBSA. It was morning. I am awkward. I was waiting for an elevator, when a person from elementary and high school came out. It was awkward, you know how, those unexpected nothing really to say moments. Yep. Awkward (use your funny voice...  I think high pitched would work best in this situation). Anyways, we attempted this thing called conversation for a moment, then both started telling each other we had to go (She only had a small window to get coffee, I had to get to work). There was an open elevator just waiting for me. I quickly tried to catch it, while she headed out. It caught me instead. Yes, there exist such things as elevator safety measures, but they don't include backpacks. I had school later and a backpack was a necessity. I got in through the door in time. The backpack was squished. I was emotionally squished. It was embarrassing and I was already nervous because, nothing really against the person, I react badly to unexpected meetings. I'm fine when I know I'm going to see people in general, or persons in particular, but I have a hard time when it's unexpected. I act weird. I can't get past the awkward. I'm working on it though. I have to, I'm in a smaller town. That's just an excuse, I'm working on it because I know I'm supposed to, and because I don't want to be as awkward as I am now. So, there I am, red faced would be an understatement, purple faced, stuck in between the doors. It takes a good long while for them to open. They were confused about my backpacks non-person attributes. The security guards ask if I'm okay. I manage to answer, which was a victory in itself for me at that point. I got in, closed the door as quick as I could, and started up alone. It took until the sixth floor for me to snap out of it. It was stupid to be embarrassed about something that was so crazy hilarious. I'd been thrown by seeing someone from my past, but that didn't have to roll into my elevator troubles. They do in the story, but from that point on they stopped being emotionally linked. It was a good morning. I had a wealth of entertainment to look back on during my day. Suffice it to say, elevators make me laugh. They are awkward boxes in every way. Even more so when awkward people try to step into them.

No comments: