I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Monday 6 June 2011

The Elevator Dance.

Yet another awkward elevator story for you to enjoy this fine day! I should clarify the title. I do have a tendency to dance in elevators, but only if I'm by myself, this dance was merely me trying to avoid a collision with a spastically moving hyper man. He was getting off on the floor I was was on. I was trying to get on. His back was to the entrance, so he had no clue I was there. The elevator was full of people. He was trying to finish his conversation with a fellow lift-rider. He was moving continuously. No matter which direction I moved he blocked me. It really did look like a dance. The best part of this dance of  hilarity was the sound effects. The crowd tried to protect me. They tried to say something, I tried to say something, but he was just talking, and moving, so fast. Instead, every time he almost hit me they'd alternate between going 'Ohhh' and 'Ahhh' and do that stuck in your breath sound. They did so in unison! I was impressed. He finally got off of the elevator after knocking into me. It had been quite awhile. Then, the elevator crowd again did an awesome thing. He was still right near the door. You know how elevators are not sound proofed, and how you can hear people talking as they come to a stop? Well, the elevator crowd, the best elevator crowd ever, forgot about that. The door closed and they reacted like we were in a vault. They laughed so loud and so long and so violently that the whole thing started shaking! It was ridiculous and I loved it! Again, I was even more shy at this point, so I didn't laugh with them. When I made it to my desk though, I silent laughed like a crazy person until I fell off of my chair and laughed even more.

No comments: