I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Sunday 26 June 2011

Me vs Rollercoasters

They freak me out, but I love them. I had no idea what to expect from them though. A school trip to Canada's Wonderland gave me my first crazy experience on them. We went as a science class (random). I was with LG and J-D. Anyways, they knew I'd never been on a rollercoaster before. J-D told me he remembered an easy no-loop one that we could start with. We jumped in line, but you couldn't see the coaster at all. It starts going. All of a sudden, J-D swears beside me. He didn't swear often. Struck now with fear, I slowly turned to look at him. He had this super serious grave look on his face (which in itself was scary, he wasn't a really serious guy). All he could say was "I'm so sorry. You should close your eyes". I think the way he delivered that line was scarier than the coaster itself. Close my eyes! No way! I need to see what's happening! I screamed. A lot. It was so much fun though.

Next, we took on them all. We left 'The Bat' until the end though. It's definitely the scariest one I've been on - I didn't handle going backwards that well. I started freaking out in line. The ride is right overhead, and wow, that certainly adds a lot to the fear build-up. I just kept saying "Guys, I'm gonna scream. I'm gonna scream the whole time. I don't know if I can do this one". LG said I'd be fine. I didn't believe her. The other people, total strangers, in line - before us and behind also chimed in. They all just kept saying "You won't scream the whole time. It'll be fun!" - silly expert riders, who'd been on 'The Bat' tons. I screamed the whole time. Actually, I girly shrieked the whole time. Non-stop. I had no idea I had such great lung capacity. I do now. The best part was the people around me. On every other ride I'd screamed, but also just said - "I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die". 'The Bat' was different. I said that when it started and then had no words at all. I was the ONLY PERSON on the whole, JAM-PACKED ride who was screaming. Everyone else: LAUGHING at my terror. For serious. Apparently I serve an entertainment purpose. Fun times though!

No comments: