I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Monday 20 June 2011

Me vs The Christmas Wake Up (can I call it singing? No. No. NO!)

I pretty much don't sleep on Christmas Eve. I never really have. Sure, as a baby maybe, since then not so much. Even now it alludes me. The past 14 years has been me, awake at like 3 in the morning, desperately waiting for my nieces and nephews to wake up. That sounds like an excuse, I don't get excited just for them... it's me... I'm crazy. One year, in New Zealand, I did sleep. I stayed up late, and actually slept in Christmas Morning. How I woke was a nightmare. Some members of my family can sing, I am not one of them. None of the aforementioned singers, in fact, were present at this memorable call to awaken. Now, I'll give them the fact that it was early, it was morning, and that they were excited, BUT, I'll still complain. It was bad. It was one of the worst wake ups I've had in my life. They ruined a once beloved Christmas Carol. It took a few minutes before the fact that it was Christmas to sink into my head. It took until after my ears recovered.

No comments: