I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Saturday 25 June 2011

Origins of Nicknames: Me vs Notsoninja & Orl 'Open-mouthed Real Laughter'

It was clean-up day. 


Notsoninja
I was working with Sunshine, when Notsoninja came into the room. She was asking for paper towels. I told her she would have to fight for them. She put up her fisticuffs. I showed her how things really work - "the truth is really in the sound" said I. She made one. It sounded like a dying animal. It's why she became Notsoninja. She took the towels and ran. The next day though, I said hi (with no fighting threat in my tone or body language), and she responded already in fighting form. She hit me with the sound again. I fell back onto the chairs laughing. She said there was just something about me that she had to defend against. Sad. I've gotten that before. I've attacked few, if any, of them. But, I do go for the annoying sometimes. Hmmm. I will think it over and change if I must :P

... don't worry about Notsoninja's skills. I gave her spy glasses with mirrors in them. She's ready to face the world in all but sound. That, I can't fix.

Orl 'Open-mouthed Real Laughter'
This was a sound issue that I could fix. I switched rooms. I left my iPhone and its music for the others in the Nursery. I went to what I can only call the 'DEADLY QUIET' room. There were 4 of us in there. One was on the phone continuously for an hour (awkward... I don't like that). They left. Then, there were 3. This was where it got scary. I mean seriously, it had been hours. I'd been trying to think of a conversation to start. Finally, I started questioning the amount of dirt on the chairs aloud. Orl responded. A person! Anyways, we started chatting it up and eventually landed on the topic of laughter. I started funny laughing. She started evil laughing. She did so with her mouth closed. She got an extraordinary amount of sound out though. Still, I told her to open her mouth the next time. She did. It was epic. I liked it. People came and went from the room, but we had our entertainment.

No comments: