I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 23 June 2011

Origin of Nicknames: Spearmint :@

Texting. I love texting with Spearmint. She makes everything funny. As you yourself now know - or should - it's right under this one. I shall start this origin with a brief telling about her. Spearmint is an amazing person. She just is. She's just her. Wow, apparently I've lost my descriptive abilities. That probably has something to do with the fact that I'm awkward around her. I don't know why. I even have an embarrassing (for me) story about her from before I moved here - like from years ago. And another awkward moment from right after I did. I just shut down. I think it's because she's so clear. Ah, I'm trying to use words. Anyways, she's a good one to be around. She's just an encourager. She's called me on things before - I like that. She did so on the night of her nickname crowning. Spearmint's just all-around cool. She gives some of the best hugs - it's like she hugs with her entire person. That's impressive and quite unusually awesome.

Okay, on to the story. We were texting (in case you hadn't caught onto that), when I said something was all the rage. Then she said "like gum". I think I said gum was "passé" and that spearmint leaves were the new thing. Then she texted hilarity. I cried. Are you ready? She said... wait, are you really ready? She texted, "I can't eat those. They hurt my testy". HAHAHAHAHA! WHAHAHA! So funny. She knew immediately. She texted "teeth. I meant teeth" so fast. Hahahaha. She's so funny. I was sitting upstairs with everyone when I read it and I absolutely lost it. Nenners texted her right away telling her to watch her words. So funny. Spearmint, you're a peach and it's too bad that your nickname hurts your... teeth... but you're stuck with it. At least within this blog of mine.

No comments: