I live for God. I laugh for Him too. Find steadfast joy in Him.

Psalms 126:1-3
"When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

--> We have found freedom in God as well. We can live out the joy depicted in this verse!

Thursday 2 June 2011

The Hilarity Court: Person vs Cake

So. I was around a person I don't really know. I'd always liked her and such, but still no real knowing (I'm shy sometimes okay!). It was like she had a wall and I had a wall. Then I got one of those glimpses. You know those moments where you see the full out, holding nothing back, person. It was funny. She found it embarrassing. I wouldn't have. She ate a bite of cake... bad cake... fully reacted to the bad cake... spat it out... then she looked up and asked me not to tell anyone. I laughed. I'm still giggling. It was so funny and the begging was so sincere, which is why this will never be further revealed. Either way, I also find it hilarious that I love her because of this moment. It's not like many different emotions went into the millisecond it happened in, but still it was a full-out glimpse. That's just cool. The walls (both sets) went up immediately, but now I love her through them. That's a stupid but for God thing. Humour always gets through my walls though, which is why it's so important to me. It helps me connect.

No comments: